Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Harry Potter Role Playing game based in the Marauder's time line.

I forgot my password

OOC News

New Page 1

8/16/11

Wow! We have been up and moving again! And I have to admit it is great to be back, I am so happy to see most of our players back. We have missed everyone! I would like to say thank you to our fearless leader on behalf of good old Voldemort for winning Character of the Month. It means a lot to me to know that he is loved, because I do so love playing him! And congrats to Rogue for winning Player of the Month, keeping active, and working hard to keep your characters true to form! And of course, congrats to everyone for making MMM a screaming success again.

For everyone's knowledge, it seems that the young lady playing Andromida and Rudulphus has dropped out on us... which is sad, but seeing as she has not posted since our return, I feel it only fair to put the two characters back up for grabs!

Keep up the good work everyone!

E~

7/28/11

If all goes according to plan, we would like to get started again Friday July 29th. I know this is short notice, I have been unable to sit down and update the site. :D. I have heard that just about everyone is coming back, I have not yet heard from Ren or Rogue, but I hope to see them!!!! See you all then!

E~

7/20/11

We are hoping to be reopening soon. Sometime in the next few weeks. so anyone that is interested in returning to us should keep checking the site for activity, or watch this box and I will announce when we are up and active

Thanks everyone for their patience!

~E

Latest topics

» Bringing Sexy Back
Escaping the Crowds I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 am by Hikaru Katsumi

» After Class Work
Escaping the Crowds I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:42 am by Dmitrious Craft

» Taking James and Alice for Ice-Cream
Escaping the Crowds I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:35 am by Severus Snape

» The right encouragement.
Escaping the Crowds I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 pm by Narcissa Black

» A gift and a concern...
Escaping the Crowds I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:50 pm by Lord Voldemort

» New Board Delays
Escaping the Crowds I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:34 pm by Lord Voldemort

» Seems like it's always me...lol
Escaping the Crowds I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 pm by Lily Evans

» I want to kill something (Auroras?)
Escaping the Crowds I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:20 pm by Alicia Lynn Crowe

» A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private)
Escaping the Crowds I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm by James Potter

Chatbox

Top posting users this week

No user

Top posting users this month

No user

5 posters

Escaping the Crowds

Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Escaping the Crowds Empty Escaping the Crowds

Post  Lily Evans Sat May 21, 2011 2:21 pm

It was a blistering cold day outside. A Charm had been placed over Hogsmeade on a request for snow from several students.... Lily Evans being one of them. She adored the winter wonderland snow provided. It placed it's frosty blanket over everything in sight drowning out the world from prying eyes and brought Lily closure. Something about the winter made the warmth she held within her heart grow stronger- bringing her strength in times of trial.

She entered the three broomsticks dressed in layers but still looking slender and in good form. She removed her gloves and hat shaking the snow from her flaming red hair and plopped down not-so-gracefully in a booth near a far corner of the room.

" May I please have a butterbeer?" She asked aloud. "Fresh and as hot as you can get it without burning one's tongue!"

As much as Lily loved the snow, her body could only handle being out in the freezing temperatures for so long. She felt like her fingers were going to fall off as well as her toes. Bright green eyes glanced out of the window following the passerby on the street she wondered if any of he friends would show up on a day like this and her mind wandered to James.
    [/color]
    Alexander Crowe
    Alexander Crowe

Escaping the Crowds Empty Re: Escaping the Crowds

Post  Alexander Crowe Sat May 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Alex had expect his little goody two shoes little sister. Well, there was one good thing about Lupin... he kept his stupid sister's attention so he could do what he wanted while she was busy. Alex was a fourth year student. he snaked his way twoards The Three Broomsticks and would play with a small charm he had in his hand. It was new toy for him... something he wanted to try out. He would move into the store before his eyes landed on Lilly.

"Get board or something?" he asked curiously. He could be pleasent at times... it mattered if he wanted something or not. Alex ran his fingers through his back hair and flopped down in a stool. he was bored... He was out of epople to go pester, and he had yet to bug lilly. Well, he had yet to run in to her. His fingers let the charm dance along his figners before catching it in the pulm of his hand. He was debating on using it.. it was a wind charm. you blew in the middle of the stone and it made a gust of 30 Mph wind. Just enough to make someone jump, maybe blew up a girls skirt, or knck someone smaller and weaker over. He would look through the middle of the stone.
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Escaping the Crowds Empty Awareness is Key

Post  Lily Evans Sat May 21, 2011 4:10 pm

Lily came out of the daze she was in without so much as a blink from her emerald eyes. That was the good thing about Lily she could multi-task and focus on a million topics at once- some not by choice.

prime example: Having to respond to Mr.Obvious.

She pushed the massive flame of red hair away from her face absently exposing her porcelain neck to the boy her other hand silently pulled the wand from the depths of her right pocket which would be a blind spot to him. She kept the wand in grip just in case.

Lily knew how mischevious boys could be when in a dark unlit room with a dark haired well-lit face of a girl near their age.

This was a game she knew all too well and wasn't about to give Crowe the better side of her judgement without proof of validation.

" Just wanted to spare a moment from the cold outside. Catch my breath."

she sipped her butterbeer with her free hand and glanced his way.

"What brings you here Alexander? I didn't think I was the type you'd be caught hanging around."

her tongue was as sharp as ever yet as smooth as silk a charm Lily possessed without the need for purchase or theft.
    Alexander Crowe
    Alexander Crowe

Post  Alexander Crowe Sun May 22, 2011 1:48 am

He raised a brow at his full name being stated. "Alex... or Crowe... I don't like the fact my full name is my grandfathers." HE rolled his eyes a little and would lean back in his chair a little. He would watch her and her movements, but he didn't notice the wand. HE was younger, and really hadn't payed that much attention.

Long black hair brushed his shoulders before the boy stood up and walked over to her. He was a slender boy, kind of middan side. He was from Rome, He would never be to very tall. "... Am I not allowed to trade where i wonder? My little sister is coming to school this year... she is up my ass.. so here i am... She doesn't know where I am.. but she is following Lupin around... so." He shurged his slender shoulders. "I don't think it matters.. maybe he can get her lost or something..." he would slid up on a rail with a grin.

"She is going to end up in your house... I know it... I guess she really is a faulure.." he was going to get a rise out of her. HIs hand was on his own wand in side his jacket. He wasn't use to this cold... HE was use to how warm Rome was, it didn't get as cold as England.
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Sun May 22, 2011 8:12 am

"You and I have an entirely diffrent view of what is failure, Crowe."

He would come down the stairs. He had a broom in his hand and a heavy brown apron on. It wasn't a hard jump to figure he was working here over the summer. He would slip the apron off and fold it. Sitting it under the bar before smiling at Lily.

He could get slight credit for introducing she and James - He was the 1st out of the group to befriend Lily. Two smart bookworms - they were bound to connect.

At first he had a crush, but he kept noticing the little looks between James and herself so he had stepped back and settled on having a very good friend.

"Hey there Lils."

He smiled and would hug her. He was on the thin side, but he was every summer before term. He would get it back on 3 square meals at Hogwarts.

"What are you doing in Hogsmead? I figured you'd stay in Diagon Alley until the train came up to the school. By the way. Congrats on being made Prefect. "

He smiled.

"Me too."
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Sun May 22, 2011 11:39 am

A firmer grip on her wand, those green eyes narrowed with the building desire to burn a hole straight through the middle of Crowe's...

Ah- Enter Remus.

"Remus! What a pleasant surprise! I didn't know you worked in the Three Broomsticks."

She returned the hug whole-heartedly. Had it not been for Jame's natural charm and ability to persuade her she may have very well ended up with Lupin. As it stood, she was pleased with the friendship they had maintained. Every year they had become closer so she and her little circle of friends were close-knit - oddballs that they were- she was glad to share common interests with Remus. Knowing she had a friend in him made it easier to get those un welcomed off her back.

"Not bad, Rem." she complimented tapping on the badge lain across his thin arm. She hadn't forgotten to note his weight loss. They could discuss it at a later time, when prying ears weren't around to poke fun at a situation Lily found quite serious.

"You know me. I like a little adventure from time to time. Really I was just trying to escape the cold. Butterbeer always does the trick when you can't make the hike to Hagrid's, right?"

she grinned at him a dazzling smile the mermaid sirens themselves would envy.
    Alexander Crowe
    Alexander Crowe

Post  Alexander Crowe Sun May 22, 2011 1:49 pm

hands cam together as the boy would start clapping when they where talking about bieng perfects. "What a wonderful feat... Two prefects here at three broom stricks... amazing... how griphendor flock together." he rolled his honey brown eyes. "I see you lost your trail Lupin? Get tired of gabby elaven year old?"

His eyes turned back to Lilly and would stick his tongue out at her. Now he noticed the wand... She woudl inch a little taller, straighening his back. "Watching it Even's... Still out of school.. you better not start swinging wands until you are inside the doors of hogwarts... I would hate to see you kicked out early." He w
    ould grin a little. Yes... ALex was an ass.

"I Guess my sister got lost..." He would mutter shurging his shoulders. "One less mudblood to deal with I guess if someone kicnapped her."
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Sun May 22, 2011 2:13 pm

"I think your sister is a fun, decent kid - how she managed to escape your familys load of bullock is beyond me. I don't know where she is at, I haven't seen her today."

When he said mudblood his whole posture changed.

"Watch your filthy mouth, Crowe."

He warned.
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Sun May 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Taking hits was a specialty of Lily's she could handle that. However, when it came to insulting one of her friends or someone they cared about that was her breaking point.

She noticed Remus' posture change to one of a defensive nature and her body mirrored his own. She stood at her full height- her body was long and elegant like that of a Doe.

Those emerald eyes grew cold with fury as she pointed her wand under Crowe's throat pressing into the heartbeat beneath the skin.

"Listen up you ignorant fool. First- I don't care about the rules around here. I'm close enough to dumbledore for him to forgive a simple 'error', got it? Secondly- never insult my friends in any way, shape or form or I will see to it that you pay for it. Thirdly- I'm not blind. I saw your charm and knew you were planning to use it against me so an attack would more or less be classified as self defense. You really are like a CROW aren't you? Just a sneak and a coward. Why don't you go run along and join those death eaters you should belong with. Hell, if you can't fit in with them at least they'd be preoccupied with discarding your body for a moment."

She turned on the spot her flaming hair streaking past her shoulders as she came behind Remus and ran her hands over his shoulder-line trying to relax him. "Don't waste your energy" she told him soothingly before shooting a look back to Crowe.

"P.S. The only thing I could ever see wrong with a Mudblood is having to share family ties with the likes of you. Go compare your dirty mind with Lucius Malfoy. I'm sure he'll befriend you easily enough." she spat.
    Alexander Crowe
    Alexander Crowe

Post  Alexander Crowe Sun May 22, 2011 3:21 pm

Crowe would stiffen as that wand as put under his chin. He would just blink at her. "What charm? and You can still get in alot of trouble... yeah you can get out of it... but still it is a mark against you... now put that away before you put your own eye out wihtit." He would shiver a little not liking it that close to his throut. His eyes oved to Remus, he got the relaction he wanted. He would slid off the rail and land behind it. Leaning his chin and arms against it watching them.

"Well.. every crow needs a murder... I guess that is what I am.. My sister is a song bird.. while i'm a nasty crow... to bad crows are not as cowerdful as you are... and why would I join anyone.. I have enough fun just picking on you morons.." He would start to walk away, when he was a good six feet from them, he would hold up the stone to his lips and blow in to it. IT would only make a small gust of wind, enough to blow up her skirt. He would then dart quickly off before she got his hands, on him, or casted. Well, maybe not fast enough to beat a cast, but fast enough to darkt towards another store before she and remus both straggled him.. hopefully.
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Sun May 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Remus didn't say it alloud, but lets face it - any use of magic by anyone underage wasn't a matter for Dumbledore - It was a matter for the Ministry of Magic..and she would be expelled and likely lose her wand for it.

His eyes followed the little prick, not saying or doing much of anything.

He seemed poised, and relaxed all in the same moment.

When the charm was used and he made a quick retreat Remus moved. Not as expected after him - no, instead he would grab Lily.

Around her wasit and if needed hoist her feet off the ground to keep her from going after him - which he knew exactly what she wanted to do.

"Hold it!"

He told Lils, before sitting her down only when she stoppe fighting.

"Let him go, he isn't worth it. We will get him - On Hogwarts turf. We have the advandage there."

He smiled miscehviously.

"after all - we are both Prefects."
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Mon May 23, 2011 12:17 am

Lily would have gone after and caught Crowe in about 2 seconds flat had it not been for Remus' interruption.

Still- once she had stopped struggling and he set her down she realized he had done the right thing. That was what Remus was good for- always a cool head in a hot situation.

Oh and Lily was a wildfire- all in her own right.

Long fingers traced his prefect badge as she stared up into his face a thankful smile danced across her lips and eyes.

" What would I ever do without you, Rem?"
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Mon May 23, 2011 8:22 am

He gave a smile before stepping back and out of the potentally dangerous situation of his best friends girl being that close to him. He was a teenager, and she was pretty but he had long ago resigned himself to be alone.

He was to dangerous not to be.

'Sides all that James was smitten, even if he was to afraid to act on it.

"Get expelled."

He said simply, sitting down and taking adrink of her butter beer.
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Mon May 23, 2011 9:59 pm

Lily flat out grinned at him and slung an arm around his shoulders ruffling his hair. It was clear that they were best friends. EYen if Lily did have a mutual attraction for Remus it was obvious that the pull she felt from James was that much stronger.

She hoped deep within her heart that Remus would be able to support them
    if they came together and if she could just get up the courage to tell James how she felt about him.

She sighed releasing him and folded her arms across her chest glancing out the window.

"Yeah, you're probably right."

she exhaled deeply trying to clear her fogged mind from the thought of James Potter.

"I've decided... I'm going to tell him, Remus."
    James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Tue May 24, 2011 1:23 am

*Enter one James Potter, striding confidently through the snow in his usual Gryffindor-themed attire. He brushed a bit of snow-speckled hair from his forehead, squinting a bit to see through his glasses, coated with the snow as well* Bleeding stuff gets on everything! *he paused, wiping them with his sleeve and groaning at how little the gesture helped. He set them back atop his nose and continued on, just in time to see a dark-haired figure running from the Three Broomsticks. He was no stranger to mischief, and knew how to spot one running from trouble. He popped in the door and set his eyes on his brother-in-arms, but his brilliant smile became even moreso when he spotted that oh-so-familiar flaming red hair. He brushed off the snow from his clothes as best he could, looking for something, anything with a reflection to make sure his hair was neat. He nicked a silver platter off the nearby counter, holding it up for a moment and fixing it, thankful that Lily was facing away from him. He set the platter back down once satisfied and cleared his throat, looking as confident as could be as he strode over to them*

Remus! How are you my friend? I was coming down to see if you wanted me to keep you company for the trip back to the castle when you're done, but perhaps I am too late?

*a charming grin was given as his eyes settled on Lily with a twinkle*

And you! Even a snowstorm couldn't suppress your radiance!

*he gave a wink, only half joking with his dramatic remark...well maybe a quarter joking. Eyes back to Remus*

So what did I miss? I saw someone looking like they were escaping a joke gone bad, and here you are looking like a guard dog ready to attack!

*He laughed and appeared to be joking around as usual, but Remus especially knew him well enough to read those eyes of his to see he was quite serious. He knew something was up, and that the dark-haired chap had something to do with it*
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Tue May 24, 2011 1:37 am

Naturally, where James was, as was often the case, Sirius was not far behind. He would laugh at James' expense when he uselessly tried to clear the snow from his glasses.

``Awe, come on mate, you know you like the romance of it all...`` Sirius joked before throwing a snow ball at the other, just missing him as James slipped into the three broomsticks.

Something inside of Sirius wanted to go roll in the snow... and eat it. He was thinking it was that inner dog making itself known. He had found a bit of the animal remained with him even when he was not in his dog form... but he didn't mind so much really, it did make him amusing in some ways.

Sirius stepped into the Three Broomsticks, he had his black cloak on, with the hood up. It was a nice one, heavy and sturdy enough to survive being an article of his clothing, because he didn't go easy on his clothes. He moved over to the bar, pushing the hood off his head and brushing the snow off his shoulders before ordering a hot cocoa for him, Lily, James and Remus.

It only took him a moment to return to the group with the hot drinks. Sirius had never been Lily's biggest fan, it would take him a while to warm up to the idea that she wasn't going to be the Marauders `yoko ono` so to speak.

Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Tue May 24, 2011 8:08 am

Remus snorted when she said she would tell James. He'd believe it when he saw it. For two people enamoured with each other, neither one have made a serious effort of making anything of it. Remus grinned when he saw James, and of course, Sirius right on his heels.

For the sake of keeping it going, we will say Peters already ran into them before heading to Diagon Alley to shop.

"Hey-Ho, the gangs all here!"

He said raising a glass of water in mock toast.

"Alexander Crowe."

He said by way of excplanation - Slytherin - 5th year(?). I busted him for shoplifting at Flourish and Blotts."

Remus had no problem letting them skate on rule breaking - but he liked them. This guy he absolutely hated.

"Seems he's been making his rounds for retaliation. Lils got the light end - he just used a charm to blow up her skirt. He had some goons pay me a visit. "

He gestured to the busted lip and eyebrow. Remus tende to heal faster than most. He seemed in good spirits - but arrogant as James came off he had a keen eye. He would note the fact he seeme skinnier and had a stiffness in his movements.

When offered the hot coco he grinned in delight. That beats waters any day of the week.

"Yeah, I'd love the company Prongs old Buddy - I was about to get my trunk and head for the train when I came in and saw Lils."

He hoped for his sake Sirius had already told him about his mother passing away 4 weeks ago. He had been working at the 3 broomsticks and staying here since. He hadn't told anyone other than Sirius, he wasn't sure he wanted to face it yet himself.

He would raise his glass.

"To another Year at Hogwarts...and every prank we can throw at them."
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Tue May 24, 2011 8:22 am

Well Speak of the devil!

Lily's hands instinctively grabbed at her skin when her arms were crossed as soon as she heard James Potter's voice from behind her. She felt her heart lodge up squarely inside her throat as she dared herself to make eye contact with him at that compliment.

"And You- quite the prince charming as usual. You could part a Great Hall full of witches like the Red Sea."

She offered him a smile more radiant then the sun itself and uncrossed her arms telling herself to just spit it out. Tell him how you feel idiot!

Lily found herself mesmerized by his presence, unable to form the words necessary. When everyone took a seat and the hot cocoa came she was grateful for an excuse to put something at her lips to keep the words from blurting out. Any moment now and she was sure her defenses would fail her. James just had a way of getting in that easily...

She clinked her glass with Remus' own and gave him a 'Help Me!" glance.

"Cheers!" her voice sounded chipper enough but inside her stomach was turning like the wild seas off the coast's shores.

James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Tue May 24, 2011 10:21 am

*he was prepared to brush off the shoplifting bit, but he tensed visibly at seeing what had been done to Remus, and more again hearing this boy disrespected a lady. But not just ANY lady, this was Lily. And for all James' jokes and lightheartedness, he was far from one that anyone in the school wanted to cross, especially with regard to his family. His brothers knew well enough how to read his eyes, it was a sort of unspoken communication among them, not looking much different to onlookers. If anything, he seemed all the more protective of Remus now than before upon seeing his current state, showing at that moment. He was smiling and seeming just fine, but those eyes were twinkling with anger; this boy not only attacked his brother, he disrespected a lady whom he held a keen interest in, even if unspoken to her. These are two things that one just doesn't mess with without falling into the sights of one James Potter. He kept his calm for appearance sake, but his brothers knew when he was forcing it even if others didn't. He didn't want to ruin the moment, this Crowe would be dealt with later, that bright smile never wavering*

I see...Alexander Crowe. *he cleared his throat* Duly noted.

*he turned to Lily again with that brilliant smile, giving her a rather dramatic bow of his head*

I suppose that is true, isn't it? All but one, at least, for she is too strong-willed to be swayed by my charms. Or at least I remember her saying that more once in previous years.

*he gave a playful wink. Inside, his stomach was aflutter not only with the news he just received, but with the feeling that welled up in him whenever he set eyes upon her radiant visage. Had he envisioned perfection, she was it. Hard to believe they had started out at odds with each other. She was as as much smart and kind as he was clever and mischievous, though he too was quite smart, how else could he pull off the things he does? Perhaps when two strong forces collide in such a manner, it is inevitable. He had never in his life been at a loss for words with anything he has encountered, until her. Something about her managed to disarm him completely. He knew she was the one, but couldn't find the words to say it. Besides, it's not like she feels the same about him in return as far as he knew. Looking the fool never bothered him before, but there was something about this, he didn't want to ruin what they had if he was wrong, she was too important to him. He cleared his throat again as he took the cocoa offered to him, holding it up with the others*

Cheers! *his roguish grin gave the impression that this year would be one to remember*

*he focused on the cocoa now, never so grateful for the warm drink, though his eyes kept meeting Remus' as he did indeed notice his stiff movement and thinner features*

He wasn't aware of Remus' mother's passing, else he would have hunted him down to be there for him like it or not. Perhaps the reason he wasn't told straight away? Furthermore, if he knew, he'd right now be hunting down this Crowe for hurting him.

You've been..working too hard again, haven't you brother? You've got to eat! Get some meat back on those bones!
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Tue May 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Sirius had not told him, only because he felt that it was not his place too... there were somethings that Remus had to talk about in his own time. He was sure he would tell him on the ride up to the school. As he came and sat with them, raising his glass when they all did their cheers, he was more watching Remus. Not like a love struck puppy, but his eyes lingering a little longer then usual, his heart picking up a pace at his smile.

Irritated with himself he turned his eyes back down to his cup. Yes, he was quiet for him. He found himself lingering in those looks, or lingering in soft touches since he had been spending more time with Remus since his mother died.

With James dating now, it left him a lot of time to find something to do with himself, once he found out about Remus' mum, a lot of that time was used being a goofy dog to make his best friend smile. The truth was though, even though he called Remus `brother` like they all tended to do, he couldn't find himself thinking of Remus as just a brother. James was a brother, almost a twin, as they thought alike so much, Peter was that annoying little brother that you wanted to get rid of, but also wanted to protect, but Remus, he couldn't make his mind think of him that way.

His attention was drawn back to the group when there was laughter heard, most likely at some smart comment that James had made, he gave a laugh of his own, even if he didn't really know what was going on.

``Lilly, why don't you ride up with me.`` He said, and yes, that would be surprising, because he barely talked to her, let alone asked to spend time with her.... it would give Remus a chance to talk to James though... and maybe, some bonding time for them... who knew.\\
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Tue May 24, 2011 9:57 pm

Remus would sit at a slight angle with his back against the booth seat.It seemed causal but in truth he was still healing. Hogwarts couldn't get her soon enough. James hid it well, but he had an eye for detail. He knew they would get that bastard back...on their turf.

They knew more about Hogwarts than Filch did.

Course they did have a map to help with that.

The only reaction Remus gave when the other said duly noted was to drop his chin and smirk. Alrght - Good deal.

When the other went on to flirt a bit more he rolled his eyes and glanced toward Sirius expecting him to be doing the same. He was a little surprised to see the other watching him and met those brown eyes with slight confusion.

Before he could ask if he had something on his face James was speaking to him about eating.

"Mans got to stay honest - what with you lot on my heels all the time."

While often played as the 'quiet' one, Remus had a sense of humor and he used it as most did - as a deflection of a direction of conversation.

When Sirius suggested he ride up with Lily, Remus actually choked on his drink - which he hid by turning it into a coughing fit. Once together he explained 'went down the wrong way'

Truth be told, - that he hadn't expected. Sirus was kind enough to her but frankly he never got the impression that he particuarlly cared for her.

He raised an eyebrow at Sirius...what are you plotting.
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Tue May 24, 2011 10:17 pm

There it was again- that smile across Potter's face that would put the angels and devil both at shame.

Lily was sure that she was as red as her hair in the face but somehow she couldn't pull her eyes away from James. He was like a black hole... the brightest tunnel leading to the end of all things and the beginning of paradise... how could she refuse him? How could she deny him?

When he said those words and gave that wink her eyebrows shot down looking a little confused. Had she been that unclear on how she felt about him?

That was it. He had to know. No more playing around. They were 5th years now... it was time to be an adult about this.

Her voice came out of nowhere after Remus choking...er ... coughing fit had ended. It was as clear as day- bold and full of feeling.

"Times change and so have I... including how I feel about a certain boy that has the world staring at him. I'll never deserve him and I don't expect to be seen as his equal but... I have always hoped to be."

she blurted out with more bravery then Aslan the Lion.

Now THAT was Lily Evans!

She made how she felt clear to everyone without flat out saying "Date me you hot hunk of Potter Meat.

"And yes Sirius I would be delighted to ride with you to Hogwarts."

she cleared her throat and took a long gulp of her butterbeer signaling that the subject could be changed if saw fit.
    James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Tue May 24, 2011 11:58 pm

*he quirked a brow at Sirius, the quietness not having gone unnoticed. He looked back and forth between he and Remus and smirked. He knew that look, even if not always when directed AT him. Just to make things that extra bit of awkward, he gave a semi-discreet elbow of Sirius' side*

Cat got your tongue, Padfoot? Sat on a silencing charm again?

*he looked to Remus* I will want names of those bloody goons too. Or at least point them out if you can. I'm not letting that go. I'm just sorry I wasn't there for you.

*his brothers knew him well enough to know he's holding that "failure" against himself even if he didn't say so. He changed the subject by grinning brightly, turning back to the others. Those eyes snapped right back to Sirius however when the suggestion of Lily riding with him was made, now looking confused, and suspicious of Sirius, knowing when he's up to something*

I'd have thought you two would have wanted to ride together.

*he looked to Lily* Did I miss something? Do I smell?

*he leaned his head down to sniff at the collar of his shirt for effect, not really caring so much, just making a scene. He then looked to Remus*

Looks like it's you and I then Moony old boy!

*he was startled when Lily suddenly found her voice, looking to her and finding those bright eyes of hers on him, those eyes he often found himself so lost in. The look of surprise on his face comical at the least. He was quick-witted and sharp with everything else, yet when it came to her, something about her just got right inside, somehow making him miss the most clear of messages. Wait, what? Decision? Did she mean what he thought? That brilliant smile returned to his face as if a plan had just worked out. She said yes! So what if he hadn't asked, she still said it! He turned and took her hand in his own, his voice softer, one could hear the love in his tone. Even his brothers had never seen him suddenly take such a tone with a girl. But this was no girl, this was the woman James knew he would spend his life with. He also loved when she found that strength he knew she had and spoke out for herself, as most of the girls he saw are too busy swooning over him or the other Marauders, or caught up in their own small world. It's true what they say about the ones that resist, after all. That was what got his attention from the beginning. He kept his eyes on hers.*

I've known for a long time that you're the one I want to be with. You're not like all the other girls. I just couldn't seem to find the right words to say it, and I didn't want to make a right mess of something that is so important. I don't just cherish the decision you've made, I cherish you. I don't think there is anything about you I'm not madly in love with right now.

*he kissed her cheek then paused, looking at the others and laughing a bit*

Er, sorry 'bout that eh?

*he cleared his throat, not sorry in the least really. He couldn't think of anyone he'd want around at that moment more. James just always tried to keep things light and people laughing, taking a long draw off his cocoa to settle the butterflies he had in his stomach at the news. The warmth he was feeling could melt the snow outside.*

Maybe it is good for you and Sirius to ride together, get to know each other more and all. I get the feeling something is afoot. *he had a feeling there was more to it than appeared, knowing his brother too well*
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Wed May 25, 2011 12:33 am

[justify]Sirius punched James' shoulder in that brotherly manner when he was elbowed. If James understood the signs Sirius was giving off towards Remus, that made a grand total of ONE OF THEM that got it. UGH! He sighed softly and stuck his tongue out at James before settling back, allowing Lilly and James their moment, resisting the urge to vomit.\\
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 am

][just as a reminder, they became animagi in fifth year, we are playing fifth year now, so they only just learned to do it this summer.][

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 7:23 am