Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Harry Potter Role Playing game based in the Marauder's time line.

I forgot my password

OOC News

New Page 1

8/16/11

Wow! We have been up and moving again! And I have to admit it is great to be back, I am so happy to see most of our players back. We have missed everyone! I would like to say thank you to our fearless leader on behalf of good old Voldemort for winning Character of the Month. It means a lot to me to know that he is loved, because I do so love playing him! And congrats to Rogue for winning Player of the Month, keeping active, and working hard to keep your characters true to form! And of course, congrats to everyone for making MMM a screaming success again.

For everyone's knowledge, it seems that the young lady playing Andromida and Rudulphus has dropped out on us... which is sad, but seeing as she has not posted since our return, I feel it only fair to put the two characters back up for grabs!

Keep up the good work everyone!

E~

7/28/11

If all goes according to plan, we would like to get started again Friday July 29th. I know this is short notice, I have been unable to sit down and update the site. :D. I have heard that just about everyone is coming back, I have not yet heard from Ren or Rogue, but I hope to see them!!!! See you all then!

E~

7/20/11

We are hoping to be reopening soon. Sometime in the next few weeks. so anyone that is interested in returning to us should keep checking the site for activity, or watch this box and I will announce when we are up and active

Thanks everyone for their patience!

~E

Latest topics

» Bringing Sexy Back
Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 am by Hikaru Katsumi

» After Class Work
Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:42 am by Dmitrious Craft

» Taking James and Alice for Ice-Cream
Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:35 am by Severus Snape

» The right encouragement.
Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 pm by Narcissa Black

» A gift and a concern...
Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:50 pm by Lord Voldemort

» New Board Delays
Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:34 pm by Lord Voldemort

» Seems like it's always me...lol
Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 pm by Lily Evans

» I want to kill something (Auroras?)
Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:20 pm by Alicia Lynn Crowe

» A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private)
Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm by James Potter

Chatbox

Top posting users this week

No user

Top posting users this month

No user

3 posters

Assignment Week 1 (June 1st - 6th)

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) Empty Assignment Week 1 (June 1st - 6th)

Post  Admin Sun May 22, 2011 12:55 pm

NOTE: You do not HAVE to do this assignment it is simply here for something for the RP go off of. However - if you chose to and want to post your answers, you will be awarded points for your house.

Still looking for a Professor for this class

Look up the meaning of these words and explain:

(5 points each)
    Boggart
    Patronus
    Hinkypunk
    Grindylow
    Kappas

Bounus
    Tell me the Unforgiveable Curses and what they do (10 points each)

Due - June 6th
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) Empty Re: Assignment Week 1 (June 1st - 6th)

Post  Sirius Black Mon May 30, 2011 6:15 pm

YES SIRIUS DID HOMEWORK.... HAVE A BREAK DOWN!

Look up the meaning of these words and explain:

(5 points each)
    Boggart: A boggart is a shape-shifting creature that takes on the form of the viewer's worst fear. When facing a boggart, it is best to have someone else along, to try to confuse it. Because of their shape-shifting ability, no one knows what a boggart looks like when it is alone, as it instantly changes into your worst fears when you first see it.

Patronus: A Patronus Charm is an insubstantial animal protector created by the advanced Patronus Charm spell, and one way to defend against Dementors and certain other Dark creatures. The spell requires the use of a wand, concentration on a powerfully happy memory, and the incantation "Expecto Patronum". Presumably, certain physical gestures with the wand are also required, but they have not been specified. The Patronus Charm is advanced magic and difficult to master, especially in emotionally difficult circumstances. ((For referance mine is a wolf.))

Hinkypunk: A Hinkypunk is a small, one-legged creature which appears as though it were made of wisps of smoke. It likes to lead travellers off the track at night and into bog. The Muggle word for them is the will-o'-the-wisp.

Grindylow: A Grindylow is a small, horned water demon that live in the weed beds at the bottom of lakes in Great Britain and Ireland. It has green teeth, pointy horns and long fingers, which are used to strangle their prey. They are violent and aggressive towards wizards and witches and Muggles, although merpeople have been known to domesticate them and keep them as pets.

Kappas: The Kappa is a Japanese water demon. It resembles a scale-covered monkey with webbed hands and a water-filled depression on top of its head.

Bounus
    Tell me the Unforgiveable Curses and what they do (10 points each)

Imperius Curse
    The Imperius Curse is one of the three Unforgivable Curses. When cast successfully, it places the victim completely under the caster's control, though a person with exceptional strength of will is capable of resisting it. This makes it unique among the unforgivable curses, as it is the only one of them with a known, reliable method of resistance (sacrificial protection does not count, as it protects against all spells from a certain witch or wizard, not the spell itself, regardless of who is casting it). Cursing another human with the Imperius Curse carries a punishment of a life sentence in Azkaban (unless there is sufficient evidence that the caster did so under the influence of the Imperius Curse). The curse's incantation is Imperio.

Cruciatus Curse
    The Cruciatus Curse (also known as the Torture Curse[1]) is one of the three Unforgivable Curses of the wizarding world. It is a curse of torture, inflicting excruciating pain on a victim. This makes it popular among the Death Eaters for use on both fellow wizards and Muggles. Considering the fact that this curse doesn't physically harm the victim, it possibly stimulates pain receptors. Cursing another human with the Cruciatus Curse carries a punishment of a life sentence in Azkaban (unless there is sufficient evidence that the caster did so under the influence of the Imperius Curse or for other defensible reasons).

Avada Kedavra Curse

Avada Kedavra (also known as the Killing Curse[4]) is a curse that causes instantaneous death and is one of the three Unforgivable Curses. There is no known counter-curse or cure for it apart from someone else sacrificing him or herself for the targeted person; however, one may dodge the green bolt, use a physical barrier to block it, or intercept the bolt with another spell. An explosion or green fire may result if the spell hits something other than a living target. Cursing another human with the Killing Curse carries a punishment of a life sentence in Azkaban (unless there is sufficient evidence that the caster did so under the influence of the Imperius Curse).

Albus Dumbledore
    Albus Dumbledore
    Admin

Assignment Week 1 (June 1st -  6th) Empty Re: Assignment Week 1 (June 1st - 6th)

Post  Albus Dumbledore Mon May 30, 2011 6:28 pm

WELL DONE SIRIUS !! ( Are you feeling well? )

You have just earned 55 points for Gryffindor!
    Albus Dumbledore
    Albus Dumbledore
    Admin

Post  Albus Dumbledore Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 am

points posted

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:11 pm