Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Harry Potter Role Playing game based in the Marauder's time line.

I forgot my password

OOC News

New Page 1

8/16/11

Wow! We have been up and moving again! And I have to admit it is great to be back, I am so happy to see most of our players back. We have missed everyone! I would like to say thank you to our fearless leader on behalf of good old Voldemort for winning Character of the Month. It means a lot to me to know that he is loved, because I do so love playing him! And congrats to Rogue for winning Player of the Month, keeping active, and working hard to keep your characters true to form! And of course, congrats to everyone for making MMM a screaming success again.

For everyone's knowledge, it seems that the young lady playing Andromida and Rudulphus has dropped out on us... which is sad, but seeing as she has not posted since our return, I feel it only fair to put the two characters back up for grabs!

Keep up the good work everyone!

E~

7/28/11

If all goes according to plan, we would like to get started again Friday July 29th. I know this is short notice, I have been unable to sit down and update the site. :D. I have heard that just about everyone is coming back, I have not yet heard from Ren or Rogue, but I hope to see them!!!! See you all then!

E~

7/20/11

We are hoping to be reopening soon. Sometime in the next few weeks. so anyone that is interested in returning to us should keep checking the site for activity, or watch this box and I will announce when we are up and active

Thanks everyone for their patience!

~E

Latest topics

» Bringing Sexy Back
A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 am by Hikaru Katsumi

» After Class Work
A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:42 am by Dmitrious Craft

» Taking James and Alice for Ice-Cream
A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:35 am by Severus Snape

» The right encouragement.
A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 pm by Narcissa Black

» A gift and a concern...
A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:50 pm by Lord Voldemort

» New Board Delays
A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:34 pm by Lord Voldemort

» Seems like it's always me...lol
A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 pm by Lily Evans

» I want to kill something (Auroras?)
A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:20 pm by Alicia Lynn Crowe

» A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private)
A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm by James Potter

Chatbox

Top posting users this week

No user

Top posting users this month

No user

4 posters

A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private)

Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) Empty A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private)

Post  Lily Evans Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Time had past. Too much time. It was driving lily insane. She hadn't been able to get James alone and knew she had to do something to prove to him that she didn't want to just play things by ear. He needed to know that she was hurting just as much as he was and that she needed to make things better. So lily did the only thing she could think of to catch him away from his brothers and without a chance to run from her.
    She came to his dorm.
    Lily knocked on his door with slightly shaking fingers. She had on one of her traveling robes with the hood up so as to hide her familiar appearance from anyone else that could be traveling to meet their lovers at midnight. She watched the door and waited for him. Tucked under her ARM was a basket of his favorite sweets and a framed photograph photograph of them together.
    This was a lovers quarrel and lily was here to end this fight and reignite the fire she knew existed within their hearts for one another.
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) Empty Re: A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private)

Post  Sirius Black Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:11 pm

][Ima snag ur private thread for a few minutes... since they don't dorm alone, and it was stated that all the marauders were in the same dorm room. I will have Sirius leave if James asks him too][

Ah, she thought she could catch him alone, but there was a problem. Four boys per dorm, and three of the four boys in James' dorm were his brothers... (since Remus got to be prefect and got his own room), so the likelihood of catching him alone was near to none.

Sirius had been too wrapped up in his own shit to see what happened to James and Lily, he found out from Remus, and he was not going to let James down like that again! He hadn't left his side since accept when he had no other choice. Like a good guard dog.

When the knock came on the door Sirius looked up, he knew it wasn't Jacob (our imaginary fourth roommate), or Remus, because they wouldn't knock... and Peter was in class, it had just been James and Sirius.

He had shifted to a dog and curled up with James so he could get some sleep, knowing that Jacob was gone for the weekend and no one else would just walk in. He lifted his head from his feet and canted his head some, a broad yawn coming, ears turned back, but didn't hear any movement from James so he carefully hopped down, shifted, and threw on a pair of jeans, and nothing else.

He walked over and pulled the door open, he didn't know what he expected to see, but if Severus Snape was standing there, he would have been less surprised then to see Lily Evens sitting there. ``What do you want?`` He asked, his eyes and voice both like ice. He leaned an arm on the door, only holding it open enough that his own half naked, well sculpted, body could be seen, but she couldn't see around him at all.
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private) Empty Re: A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private)

Post  Lily Evans Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:36 pm

Ooc- its alright makes for an interesting start to the thread.
    Lily couldn't have gotten James alone. No course not. That was impossible with sirius around. Perfect. When it rains it pours. She stared up at him doing a one over on that perfectly whistled body most girls would blush. Fortunately lily was just a tad more dignified then that. She shifted her weight from one foot to the other cocking her hip to the side in order to support the basket she was carrying. She met his eyes putting her pride behind her.
    "Sirius please...you should know better then anyone how much James means to Me...please I haven't been able to sleep. I need to see him."
    She didn't try to peek past him knowing full well it was important to get his approval in order to get access to the dorm unless James made an entrance which wasn't as likely.
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:52 am

Sirius watched Lily passively. Those dark eyes remaining locked on hers, not the normal jovial Sirius, but for lack of the pun, very serious. His hand tightened on the door when she started to talk.

Sirius glanced back over his own shoulder and then looked at her. ``He's sleeping... go away.`` He said, he started to close the door and then she started on about please please please let her see James... he stood there for a moment blinking at her.

``What the fuck is wrong with you?`` He growled at her. ``What? You think you can betray him, break his trust, break his heart and a basket of sweets is going to make up for it. Fuck you. Fuck you... go back to your bloody Snake and leave James alone.``

He stepped forward out of the door, closing it behind him before looking at her. ``Don't give me any shit about how much you love James... I don't bloody believe it, not for a second... you don't know what love is Lily Evans because if you could even FATHOM what it means to love someone so much you would die for them... you wouldn't be in this position right now.`` Oh just let it be said that was rich coming from playboy Sirius, because no one knew that he did know that feeling, and lived it every day. ``Just fucking leave. Go. And don't fucking come back.``
    James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:24 am

It was no coincidence that she couldn't seem to get him alone either. He had told her he needed to get his mind around things, that he couldnt be around her right then. But here she was, at his door, ignoring that fact. She had hurt him. Betrayed his trust. Trust was a huge thing with him. He had allowed her inside him, let himself be vulnerable, and she abused that by not being open with him as he had been with her. As the two argued, or rather, Sirius put Lily in her place in that way only Sirius could, James sat back on his bed, hearing all of it until his brother closed the door. He gave a sigh to himself, knowing he'd have to go out there. He wasn't sure at that moment if he was going out there to save her from him or to stop Sirius from wasting his time. Once that door closed though, he couldn't hear what was going on, and that could be dangerous. He got up, steeling himself to face her. Behind Sirius, the door silently opened, Sirius could tell by the breeze from his open window hitting his back lightly. James would appear to his side. He looked only briefly at her before turning to Sirius, his voice soft and regulated, a forced calm

Sirius, you shouldn't be out here this late. We have practice tomorrow. Come back in the room.

He then looked at Lily without a word for what seemed like forever, though it was only seconds, then turned and walked into his room, letting Sirius get the door when he came in. Lily could see those eyes weren't the brilliant intense eyes she was used to seeing looking back at her, they were more dull and, while looking at her, hurt and perhaps surprisingly angry rather than sad like last she saw him. truth be told, he had been wavering between the two emotions since it happened
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 am

||AFTER SPEAKING WITH FAITH OOC- THIS TAKES PLACE AFTER THREAD OF LILY AND SEVERUS ||

Remus was late back to the dorms. He had gone for a run in the forrest after finding Severus and Lily together. He had never felt the wolf so close to the surface and it scared the hell out of him. He wanted to tear her apart. He wanted to tell James, but frankly at that point he couldn't trust himself near anyone.

It had taken hours to calm down enough to think he was safe to return to the school. He was covered in sweat and dirt, the bandage which had been around his lower arm had fallen away leaving several clear burns that didn't seem to be healing well.

"Get the Fuck out of here, Evans."

He warned.

His reaction would surprise everyone , with the exception of Lily who would have understood why he was so angry. Otherwise, that was not a Remus responce. He was the mediator. Not the one to lash out at a women, or to seem so dangerously angry.

But he was.

He stopped at the end of the hall a pointed fifteen feet from the gathering at the door. There was a method to it - If he lost it...hopefully that gave them room to stop him.
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Lily stared at Sirius while he cursed at her and her eyes remained transfixed on him with a determined look on her face.

"You can curse me all you want Sirius Black but I have to tell J-" at that moment James had pushed open the door and came into view.

For one millisecond Lily's heart stopped in her chest and she froze. She watched him opening her mouth to say something but when she caught that look in his eyes all of her strength seemed to crumble around her.

Remus' voice carried itself from the end of the hallway as James vanished from view and his attack seemed to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

She tossed the basket at Sirius' feet and took a shaky breath before balling up her fists and shouting.

"HE KISSED ME!!! JAMES DO YOU HEAR ME?! HE KISSED ME AND I WAS WEAK AND I DIDN'T STOP HIM! BUT I'M GLAD IT HAPPENED BECAUSE IT MADE ME REALIZE THAT EVEN IF I LOVE HIM I LOVE YOU MORE! I'M A HUMAN DAMNIT AND WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES...I'VE GONE DAYS WAITING FOR YOU TO COME AROUND...DIDN'T YOU STOP TO THINK THAT I COULDN'T TELL YOU BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF LOSING YOU! AND THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT'S HAPPENED! SIRIUS AND REMUS HAVE TURNED ON ME AND THAT LOOK...that look in your eyes says it all..." her face went pale and all of the life seemed to drain out of her. She turned towards Remus and met his eyes.

"Go ahead and hex me Remus...I told you...I don't want to be here without James and he's not stopping you so let it out. Go on and let it out.Maybe that will be enough punishment and you can throw me to the death eaters, yea? Since human mistakes aren't acceptable anymore."

She had lost it. Lily Evans had lost it...but only because she had lost everything she cared for.

Would James really leave it at that? Would he let Remus attack her and turn his back on her for good?

Find out in the next exciting post of "A Lover's Quarrel!" *Show music* (lol...poor Lily...poor James...make up already!!! ><)
    James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:25 pm

James was halfway back across his room when he heard something that snapped him out of the haze that his mind was in; those words coming down the hallway, from the last person he expected to say something like that, let alone with such venom. No sooner he heard that than he heard Lily shouting at him. Quick as a flash he was back at that door and pushed past Sirius, anger seeming to have taken over that shared control of him she saw moments before. His tone matching, as he raised his voice right back

REALLY!? HE KISSED YOU? Your BROTHER? And you didn't stop him. After what happened and all that you told me you just let it happen? And I'm supposed to be thankful for this? Bloody brilliant! Funny thing there, how before you said he was just a brother, family to you from before, but now you're telling me you love him in the same way, just that you love me more. Do you ever tell me the whole truth, or is it always selective convenient parts?

Those burning eyes stayed right on hers, his tone going cold

They haven't turned on you, they're watching out for me because they're my brothers and that's what brothers do...I trust them. Now, why do I expect there is more to this story than you're telling me? I see Remus down there in a state almost never seen, clearly because of something to do with you. Did you know he found me earlier and tried to explain to me what you did, to get me to understand? What happened between then and now that he would go from sticking up for you, to telling you to "Get the fuck out of here?" I don't for a second believe that is just because of a kiss. I'M GETTING REALLY FUCKING SICK OF BEING LIED TO! You know what? FINE.

he pushed past her if she tried to get in his way, walking right up to Remus even in that state. He didn't know the state of the wolf within, so he didn't maintain direct eye contact just in case, trying to help him keep his cool, his tone still hurt and angry, but under control as he wouldn't direct that at his brother.

Brother, I know you wouldn't be like this without a reason, and I know I can trust you without a doubt. Tell me what happened that you're so mad at her...it wasn't just a kiss was it.

The last part came out more like a statement than a question. James was smart, too many things didn't add up. Facts kept changing. He knew Remus wouldn't be so enraged over just a kiss, and he knew it was related to Lily for obvious reasons. He knew there was more, and he knew it would hurt, but he needed to know, his eyes meeting Remus' pleadingly. He needed someone to just level with him and tell him the whole truth. He was starting to feel like his head and emotions were being toyed with, with how things keep happening and the story changes.
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:24 pm

Remus had seen better days. They had seen him more at ease in the moments before the moon. The muscles on his arms were taunt with tension, despite the tremble in his legs which had ran past exhaustion hours ago.

When Lily turned and held his eyes shouting at him, ... lets just say that James' timing could not have been better. When she turned and looked at James it broke their eye contact and Remus let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding.

He let James scream at her. Good for him. That he didn't disrupt. His attention followed James as he crossed the hall to stand beside him. He never fully looked at him, mainly because he wasn't sure he could look away if he did.

He was scared. He couldn't remeber the last time he felt so betrayed. When his mother died, he felt hopeless and sad. Never this complete and utter betrayal. He came from the kind of family where a mans word and a handshake are all one needs for a deal to be made.

He had gone out on a limb for her and she had hurt what was his. His family. His pack. Even as he thought these words he couldn't be sure if they came from the wolf or himself.

It seemed with each passing day thoes lines blurred just a little more. He couldn't forget Greybacks warning to him. That with out working with the wolf...he will kill all you love.

He heard James asked him what she did and he started to answer until he heard Lily add:

"Go ahead and hex me Remus...I told you...I don't want to be here without James and he's not stopping you so let it out. Go on and let it out.Maybe that will be enough punishment and you can throw me to the death eaters, yea? Since human mistakes aren't acceptable anymore."

The gold which had held a persistant edge on his eyes englufed them for a moment as he moved forward pushing past james with out ever remeber the concious effort to move. James was bigger and of a tougher build that him. Yet the simple push would have moved him with out question into the wall. Not hard enough to hurt him, but absolutely to move him out of his way.

Unless Sirius or James stopped him Remus would close the distance in three long strides. He would grab her arm and jerk her to her feet from where she was prostrating herself before James.

The grip would bite into her arm, possibly brusing but nothing beyond that. His other hand was shoved into his pocket persumeably to get his wand. He flinched and grimianced but beyond that never withdrew his hand from his pocket. His eyes returned to their natural brown color. Lily likely to emotional to catch the change.

"HOW DARE YOU!" He snarled. "For years, I called you my friend. Take James out of the equation. You say -THAT- to me!? My mother was killed by death eaters you stupid girl. Three months ago she was killed by them and they accused me! YOU KNEW THAT!"

He pushed her back slightly, more like releaseing her and gestureing in the same move. She wouldn't be pushed into the wall but likely slightly off balance.

"...and here you are."

He said quietly.

"She was in his lap, snogging him."

He raised his voice while stepping back slightly towards Sirius putting lily between he and James.

"He put the hicky on her neck and had his hands up the back of her shirt."

He looked at Lily in full discust. His left hand still deep in his coat pocket. He stepped into Sirius who would notice a tremble in that same arm.

"Oh, and she said she loved him...Didn't hesitate to throw him under the bus when she got busted."

He gave the slightly waver in his step, his eyes still on Lily.

"I told you Evans...get the fuck out of here."

In what seemed an odd responce to end such a heavy tirade he would walk into the open dorm room. He would attempt to pull the door shut behind him unless Sirius or James followed him.

||Just adding this incase anyone follows him||

Glad to see the invisble room mate wasn't there. He would go right to the wash basin and jerk his hand from his pocket and drop the silver rod into the rubbish bin holding it under the streaming water. A deep burn was visible from where he had gripped the silver rod. He ended up kneeling infront of the basin with his head against the cabinet keeping his hand in the water.

Trying to bite back the whimper, and the bile which threatened to break past his throat. He had never done that...not with that high grade of silver and never that long.

The maruaders didn't know he had it. He had never had to use it. He had never been so sure he would lose it. It hurt like a bitch but it pushed the wolf back...atleast for the moment.

The burn was so deep at certain points bone could be seen.

What the fuck was happening to him.
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:55 am

James' appearance only put Sirius more on guard. She thought she had heard a whole tyrad from him, she had heard nothing yet. Indeed it was James that saved her from getting the truly vicious side of Sirius. He was after all still a Black, and under all of this `longing to be more then his name`, he was still a very dark wizard. And more often then not, the darker arts and spells he had been taught since he was old enough to say avada kadavra popped into mind.

Luckily he didn't have his wand on him, and James appeared before he summoned it.

``Too right Prongs... we can't be wasting time playing with the rubbish.`` Sirius said. And this was just from finding out she had been friends with Severus behind James' back and lied to him. Imagine how bad it will be when the rest is found out...

However, it seemed, that it would not be long to wait. When Remus appeared he half expected to be told off for what he had said, however, it seemed, that Remus too had a few choice words for Lily Evans.

He canted his head in that loverly dog like way, but not a cute curious puppy, but more a calculating police dog. ``Right... out with it.`` Sirius said, backing up James when he turned to Remus for the answers he sought.

When Lily said the bit about Death Eaters, Sirius moved at the same time Remus did, he did not stop him from grabbing her, but remained near, making sure that the wolf knew that he was there... His hand coming to Remus' shoulder as a calming gesture.

Those eyes darkened the more Remus talked. Kissing. Straddling. Hands in shirts. She said she loved him? What the fuck was she playing at?

``Accio wand.`` He said, rounding to grab it and push it at Lily. ``Give me one good reason why I shouldn't fucking hex you to oblivion... and just so you know, getting expelled and because it wouldn't be the right thing to do... don't constitute good reasons....``
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:55 am

everything had happened so fast. When remus came forward screaming and nearly losing himself to the wolf lily sensed she had gone too far. When he gripped her ARM his nails cutting into her skin her eyes widened and a small cry escaped her throat.
    "Remus I didn't mean it like that.." she struggled to control her voice not daring to move. Anger was receding leaving only sorrow to wash over her body. She dropped her head when sirius poirunted his wand at her face shoulders slumped forward as she stared blindly past the tears that threatened,to consume her. When he demanded an answer she somehow found her voice but it wasnt the bold retorthemayhave expected: in fact she sounded broken.
    "Youre right..." She said her voice shaking. "I've messed up..really bad. Ive been stupid and selfish..ive hurt all of you but most importantly i hurt the man that i love..James I..I didn't think before I did any of this and if it means anything i was picturing you when i.."
    She shookher head staring at james her eyes red rimmed a look of torture on her face. her ARM was dripping blood but she didnt seem tonotice.
    "God I'm so s Idea orry james..i love you ..even now I want nothing more then. To convince you of that..i don't expect you to forget this but i want to earn your forgiveness necause thats what two people do when the6love eachother. they dont give up."

Her green eyes pleaded with him even as that wand remained in her face.
    "I made a mistake but im not a whore.." she said eyes turning to remus
    "Im sorry for what I said to you remus...I wasn't thinking..we're supposed to be family..I don't want to fight..I'm tired of fighting.." her voice cut off as she met James eyes again and couldn't say anything beyond this. In truth she had been hurt too. But like with any family in an argument someone had to back down.
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 am

||OOC- Just a note: She has no awareness of Remus' lycanthropy. Also he never broke the skin of her arm - just held her firmly. ||
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:35 am

Ooc-yea I know she wasn't aware of that she just realized if someone didn't try to diffuse then someone would get hurt. That someone being lily. Lol and her ARM can just be bruised then.
    James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:33 pm

James suddenly found himself against the wall as Remus pushed past, watching him close the distance on Lily with just a few steps. He wouldn't hurt her, he was confident of that, usually. Remus was almost never like this though, so it worried him. He got his bearings about him and followed. He was always the observant sort, seeing Remus shove his hand in his pocket and the reaction, but not knowing what was in there to cause it. He was about to get between them when he heard the answer he didn't want but knew he needed, stopping in his tracks and just staring at her in shock, in stunned silence before he found his words as Sirius got his wand. He stepped over as if in a trance, getting between them, James' dulled eyes on Sirius', a hand placed on his wand hand just lightly, not forcing it or moving it, answering his demand for a reason with a voice not like his at all, sounding quiet and broken from what he just heard

Me. I won't be able to take it if I lose a brother on top of all this...

That would be when Sirius would see not a breakdown, but a single tear fall from his eye, hidden from Lily behind him. Whether that would cause Sirius to stop or set him off worse he didn't know, but he couldn't help it. As he heard, or rather realized Lily was speaking as he had been, he held up his other hand as if to say to stop

Lily...

God it hurt to even say her name just then. He still had his back to her, his tone the same as it had been with Sirius. He was past yelling, he was just tired. Physically, emotionally and mentally tapped.

Shut it. You just lied to me while telling me you were being honest. While trying to fix what had already been done. You told me you kissed. It took my brother catching you in the act to get the truth where you couldn't manipulate it. Manipulate me. You claimed Severus seduced you, but now I hear different. You even have the audacity to mention the idea of sending you to the Death Eaters with no regard to what happened to Remus' mother mere months ago. Do you truly care for none but yourself? The effect that your words have on others? I gave you my heart and you've done more damage to it than anyone in my life. This was not a mistake. A simple kiss happening before you realize it is a mistake. For you to do what I've heard is a conscious choice. A willing act. At some point, you made the decision that you were going to have your way with Severus Snape, and my love didn't matter enough to stop you. You just now called me "the man you love" but I don't think I can believe that. Not after this. After what you've done. You said I, we, forced you to give up his friendship. I never made a demand of you to give up anything. Nor did my brothers. You've a gift for twisting facts or dramatizing them in your favor. No one here is stupid, regardless of the spin you put on things, we still know the truth. You werent seduced by Snape. You had to have wanted it. He wasn't forcing you to do anything judging by how you were found by Remus, how you have that sickening mark on your neck. Did you play Snape the way you've played me? You knew he wanted you, you knew you could have him. You had just hurt me deeply and somehow you feel you're justified in doing that? Where do the lies stop? I don't care if you're thinking of the Pope while you're snogging him, the act remains the same. You've said a lot of unbelievable things looking back at this. What am I supposed to think of you after all the lies and manipulation? You're not the person I thought you were...

Sirius could see a few more tears following the first as he spoke, not looking back at her, his arm lowering to his side again

Congratulations, Lily. You've done what all those girls that follow us around couldn't. You've broken my heart and hurt me. I hope it was worth it. I'm sure Severus would be more than willing to make you feel better. You don't know anything about family if you could do this.

He never raised his voice, there wasn't a point anymore, and he was past yelling after all he learned. He put a hand on Sirius' shoulder, pushing him away back toward the door, not roughly, just making him go with him, closing the door behind him without looking back at her, locking it and walking over to Remus, the concern for himself and feeling down and depressed seeming to drop as expected when he saw Remus was hurt, always putting his brothers before himself. He held Remus' arm gently but firmly enough he couldn't jerk away so easily, knowing that was the automatic reaction Remus had when wounded, looking at the wounded hand, gasping as he saw bone showing through, careful not to touch the blood of course.

What the hell did you do Remus!?

It was then that he spotted the bloody silver rod in the rubbish next to them, pulling his wand out and cleaning the blood off everything including around the wound, grabbing the silver rod and throwing it across the room as far away from Remus as possible

We've got to heal this somehow, it's too deep and severe to leave as it is
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Sirius stood vigil as James spoke. Those eyes watching James and Lily both. He had tried not to get into the middle of it, to let James and Lily be happy, though he had been sure that it was going to end badly... then again, Sirius always was a doom and gloom sort when it came to love.

When James said `me`, as his reason not to hurt her and put himself between them, pushing his hand down, or more just putting weight on it, no force, Sirius let his hand come down. Those eyes looking into James' for a long moment before he took a step back back and tucked the wand into the front waistband of his jeans.

``And only you.`` He said clearly. Only James could have stopped him. He remained near while he spoke, watching between the pair of them, those tears breaking his heart for so many reasons... but the biggest one was that it went so far before Sirius had noticed something was wrong. In that fact, maybe he was over compensating in his protection of James, but his brother would never hurt alone for so long again before Sirius was at his side.

He had not drank. Smoked weed. Dropped Acid. Since he found out about this, as it all had played part in it.

When James' hand came to the front of his shoulder, as they were facing each other, he could feel how tense Sirius was, but he simply turned and walked into the room, not another word said. As long as he was throwing insults, people often were more safe then when he went silent.

Much like a dog. Barking is all bravado... but when they really mean to hurt you, the barking fades, and the growling stops and they strike.

Once inside he would haul back and punch the closed door, likely that Lily heard it, though she didn't know which of the three did it, splitting the skin on his knuckles that were just healing from when he punched the wall talking with Peter.

Yeah, Sirius was a pretty angry sod these days.

James drew him out of it, his attention coming back to Remus, eyes falling to his hand, and then the silver bar at his feet. He walked over and picked it up before chucking it out the window and taking a hold of his hand.

``Werewolves can't heal silver you sod.`` He growled at Remus. But after talking to Peter, he had taken the books and the papers that Peter gave him and read them all. Cover to cover, document to document, at least five times each... damned sure he would become a werewolf expert. ``James, take this.`` He said tossing him his switch blade. ``Use that spell you are brilliant at and sterilize the blade.``

``I read in one of the books that if you cut away the burned skin, then the wound can heal, it will scar but heal...`` His eyes turned to Remus before he leaned up and kissed him softly. ``but it's going to hurt.``
    Lily Evans
    Lily Evans

Post  Lily Evans Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:35 pm

(Moony gave me the ok to post lils so the boys can get on with their bit inside the room)

Lily's eyes had never left James even if he had refused to face her she stared at his back tears spilling down her face as every word struck her like the hex's sirius could have thrown at her if James hadn't stepped in the way. He had a right to say all of that and more but that didn't mean that it didn't hurt because it did.
    It hurt bad.
    When he congratulated her on breaking his heart she stepped forward to stop him but they had already retreated into the room.she came up on the other side of the door jumping when sirius punched it-hard.
    She slid her hands up onto the cracked wood and pressed her forehead against the surface her red locks spilling down on either side of her face masking her eyes but tears could be seen hitting the ground.she was sure she had lost everything dear to her heart but she couldn't give up...not like this.
    "James...I'm so sorry. I haven't been myself lately..and you've suffered for it. All of you have...but I'm going to fix this. I promise you..ill find a way."her voice faltered for a moment and cracked
    "I never meant to hurt you...I love you. More then anything else in this world."
    She opened her eyes cleAring her throat trying to find strength.
    "I'm so sorry remus..you didn't deserve any of what I said..I do want to be a part of this family. I Love you all."
    She let go of the door and they would likely hear her starting to cry.
    "Goodnight James"
    She turned and headedtowards the girls dorms
    -exit lily-
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:42 am

He was still kneeling infront of the wash basin as they came into the room. He didn't so much hear the conversations between them in the hall, or even once inside. It was more like he -felt- Sirius anger, and James' heart break.

When James grabbed his wrist he would infact try to jerk away. He stopped before he completely breaking the other's grip, once he knew who it was.

His hand hurt, badly. What seemed so extreame to an outside observer ... was his last line of defense. He thought he had it together when he came in from his run. When he arrived here, seeing her - hearing her, everything had flashed back.

His rage included.

He didn't like he way he felt. Like he was a stranger in his own skin. He had never had to come to the point of using physical pain, and the natural weakening properties of silver to regain control.

Even know as James was fretting over his hand, he couldn't help but wonder if they other knew how close he had come to snapping her neck.

The rod was high grade silver, but not 100% silver, if it had been - he wouldn't have had a hand to heal. He had covered it with a microthin layer of laminate which had done little to protect from the burn but had kept it solid and did not permit any of the silver directly into his blood stream. Something that would have killed him.

He heard James' talk about healing it.

"Get my kn-"

He was cut off my Sirius' bitching at him. In his typical I love you and you hurt yourself so i'm going to bitch at you cause I'm worried, way.

"Trust me, it beat the alterinitive."

There was a rumble behind his words, not boarderline shifting anymore. Just injuried and less than thrilled.

Sirius started talking about getting his knife and cleaning it before cutting away the skin. Remus still had his head resting against the cabinet, he rolled it slightly to see Sirius out of the corner of his eye.

How the hell did Sirius know that? He had never told them that. A spasm through his hand stopped him from questioning the other - though he intended on doing it later.

When Sirius kissed him, Remus sat back on his shins away from the cabinet. He didn't really kiss him back. He was sick and hurting, not really the most romantic moods.

He looked toward James, amid all the pain in thoes gentle brown eyes,now free of amber, there was pain for James.

"I'm sorry, Mate."

He swallowed heavily eyeing the blade. This would be the matter of scraping away a few layers of skin. The palm of his hand looked almost melted.

(imagine holding a broom handle in your hand. Everywhere that it touched would be basically melted/burned away. He held it long enough that in the palm at the deepest part it would be to the bone)

He looked at Sirius.

"I trust you...but stun me first."

He knew this would hurt and he wasn't sure what he would do in reaction the pain. At mimiumn, he would struggle in the bodys natural reaciton to pain. At maximunm...he didn't want to think about that.

Also there was the fact that he knew he would scream - He didn't want to make things harder on his brothers.

"I'm not sure I can sit still for that."

That's Remus for you. Always mentioning the lightest thing of his concerns. Trying not to burden his brothers.
    James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:41 pm

If James heard Lily outside the door, he didn't show it. He was too focused on Remus at that moment. No sooner Sirius said to clean the blade, James was on it, wand running along both sides of it as it slowly started to gleam like a new untouched blade. He handed it back to Sirius. Once the blade was taken, the wand was touched to Remus' forearm as he cast a spell that numbed from that point all the way to his fingertips such that he could literally feel nothing there. His eyes meeting the now gentler brown eyes of his brother.

Picked it up from the nurse last time I was in there. Useful, no?

His own feelings on hold at that moment, he shook his head slightly at hearing Remus's words about what happened, his tone low.

It's done. This is more important.
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:29 pm

"Very useful" Sirius said before looking up at Remus. The kiss had not been romantic, it had just been necessary at that moment... an apology before it started.

"Patrificus Totalus." He whispered, watching Remus go ridgid... he took the knife back from James before looking at the back of his own hand, which was open and bleeding.

He would stop long enough to cast a charm over his hand that would keep Remus' blood from getting in the wound, before going to work.

The entire time he cut, tears silently slipped down his face, which had little to do with his relationship with Remus, as he would probably have the same reaction if it were James that he had to cut up.
    James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Remind me to teach it to you sometime. Just remember Padfoot, he can't feel it so he'll be ok...

He kept a hand on Sirius' shoulder, trying to convince himself as much as his brother, holding back any tears as he'd been on emotion overload for too long already, but knowing how hard this was on all of them not just for the cutting, but for everything it implied, the pain Remus put himself through, the suffering, everything. Still, it was right for Sirius to be the one to do it, being Remus' significant other and all. As Sirius worked, James pulled a potion from a drawer in his nearby bureau, waiting until he finished cutting around the wound before opening it and reaching around Sirius, pouring it onto it. He gave him no warning purposely despite knowing it would sting. Sure enough the wounds on his hand started to close up seconds later. He didn't give a warning because he used the surprise of it to snap his brother out of his own mindset, a reminder they're all still alive, even if the situation was somewhat dire. After a moment, he gave voice to what he knew at least he was worried about after this.

What's going on that the wolf got that out of ha..er, control? He's never had to use that much silver before. Has anything changed with him? And what books have you been reading?

He could have joked about the reading thing, but truth was he was in no mood to joke about much today, less so now.
    Remus J Lupin
    Remus J Lupin

Post  Remus J Lupin Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:31 pm

||I'm going to assume he was knocked out completely and not stunned since I think this was meant to be a private conversation. Just rouse him in the next post or two ^.^ ||
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:34 am

``I don't know what's changed!`` Sirius said looking at the other, a bit sharper then he meant to. ``Sorry.`` He added, he was a bit stressed at the moment. He would finish the cutting of Remus hand, and then hiss when the potion of healing was poured over both of their hands. ``Sod! That hurts!``

He glared at his brother but not for long, his eyes falling back on Remus as he answered the next question. ``Every book in Flurish and Blots I think... Peter bought them, I asked if I could borrow them...``\\
    James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:46 pm

James showed how tired he was emotionally when Sirius had the outburst, just closing his eyes with a slightly furrowed brow at being lashed out at, opening them again with a slight sigh and continuing with the potion over Remus' hand. Sirius was stressed at the moment? James could tell him a thing or two about stress with what he's been going through. He's just as much a part of this wolf business as the other, but has Lily to contend with on top of it. He was never one to pity himself or put himself before his brothers, so he did his best not to mention or show it.

It hurts because it's working. Don't be a baby. When were you going to tell me you had them so I could see them too? You're not a one-man one-dog wolf wrangling team you know.

He meant the "baby" part as a slight joke, the rest as a reminder that they were all a team on this. Sirius could tell that while he may have phrased it a little kiddingly, he was deadly serious about that, that he wasn't to try to do it all himself.
    Sirius Black
    Sirius Black

Post  Sirius Black Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:37 pm

``I don't know James.`` He said softly looking down at Remus as the potion went to work, cutting away here and there where it wasn't healing as well because there was still silver poisoning. ``Peter cornered me last week... he wanted to talk to me about the dangers, showed me these books he had bought...``

He moved back and leaned against the wall. Sirius was dealing with more then just the wolf thing as well, there was the drinking, which wasn't as easy to stop as one might think, hiding his relationship with Remus AND not making Remus feel as if Sirius were ashamed of him, Alice who seemed to be coming to him when she needed a shoulder now, all of this coupled with this just brought him near breaking.

``I wasn't thinking I had to do it alone, I just wanted to read them... and I have, backwards, forwards and in between... documents about werewolf attacks... so that I could learn what spurred them... magicking potions and spells to help contain and control a werewolf during the moon... law books about werewolf attacks and what makes the werewolf liable by law.... and medical books on treating werewolves...`` He said gesturing to the bloody knife now sitting on the bed next to remus, he wouldn't take the spell off until the potion was finished knitting the skin back together, if his was just a scrape and it hurt that bad, then he could only imagine how much it would hurt Remus' hand.

``I never meant to leave you out James, I'm sorry if it seemed that I did.`` He said softly. ``I'm sorry, all around, I've been a pretty shitty best mate lately.``
    James Potter
    James Potter

Post  James Potter Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:43 pm

James nodded, watching both of his brothers' hands to make sure they healed properly, being almost as bad as his mother when it came to his brothers sometimes. He knew his brothers were going through a lot too, he never imagined his ordeal was the only one or was worse.

I'll want to take a look at them too, whichever ones you're done with anyway. I want to know as much as possible about what we're dealing with too.

He looked at the bloody knife as Sirius did, and cast the cleaning spell on it again, clearing the blood away safely, before double-checking Sirius' hands for anymore blood, clearing any away.

You know, not to be a jerk, but for all the reading, it was kind of dumb for you to have cut or handled his hand with the open wounds on your own. He'll be pissed with you if he finds out. Dumber still that I didn't even think of that til right now. I need to get my damned head about me...

He shook his head.

I didn't think you were leaving me out, I meant that I didn't want you trying shoulder all the burden yourself. Also, I don't see how you've been a shitty best mate. Seems to me you're being a bloody good one right now. Few would do what you or I do, you know. That's what makes us different than the rest, better even.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:11 pm