Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Marauders ~. Mischief Managed .~

Harry Potter Role Playing game based in the Marauder's time line.

I forgot my password

OOC News

New Page 1

8/16/11

Wow! We have been up and moving again! And I have to admit it is great to be back, I am so happy to see most of our players back. We have missed everyone! I would like to say thank you to our fearless leader on behalf of good old Voldemort for winning Character of the Month. It means a lot to me to know that he is loved, because I do so love playing him! And congrats to Rogue for winning Player of the Month, keeping active, and working hard to keep your characters true to form! And of course, congrats to everyone for making MMM a screaming success again.

For everyone's knowledge, it seems that the young lady playing Andromida and Rudulphus has dropped out on us... which is sad, but seeing as she has not posted since our return, I feel it only fair to put the two characters back up for grabs!

Keep up the good work everyone!

E~

7/28/11

If all goes according to plan, we would like to get started again Friday July 29th. I know this is short notice, I have been unable to sit down and update the site. :D. I have heard that just about everyone is coming back, I have not yet heard from Ren or Rogue, but I hope to see them!!!! See you all then!

E~

7/20/11

We are hoping to be reopening soon. Sometime in the next few weeks. so anyone that is interested in returning to us should keep checking the site for activity, or watch this box and I will announce when we are up and active

Thanks everyone for their patience!

~E

Latest topics

» Bringing Sexy Back
Owl Inventory I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 am by Hikaru Katsumi

» After Class Work
Owl Inventory I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:42 am by Dmitrious Craft

» Taking James and Alice for Ice-Cream
Owl Inventory I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:35 am by Severus Snape

» The right encouragement.
Owl Inventory I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:31 pm by Narcissa Black

» A gift and a concern...
Owl Inventory I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:50 pm by Lord Voldemort

» New Board Delays
Owl Inventory I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:34 pm by Lord Voldemort

» Seems like it's always me...lol
Owl Inventory I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 7:55 pm by Lily Evans

» I want to kill something (Auroras?)
Owl Inventory I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 8:20 pm by Alicia Lynn Crowe

» A Lover's Quarrel - JamesXLily his dorm( private)
Owl Inventory I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm by James Potter

Chatbox

Top posting users this week

No user

Top posting users this month

No user

Owl Inventory

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Owl Inventory Empty Owl Inventory

Post  Admin Thu May 19, 2011 7:36 am

THE BARN OWL - 15 Gallons
    Owl Inventory Barn-owl-captivity-s

Also known as the "ghost" owl or "spirit" owl. The Barn Owl is different from most owls. It has unusually long legs and long talons, and has small, dark colored eyes. They do not like daylight at all, so you won't catch a peek of this owl until it's really dark! Barn Owls probably have the best hearing of any owl, and experiments have shown that they can hunt their prey by sound alone. Barn Owls hunt from a perch. They listen as their prey moves below them and then they swoop down and grab it with their talons. They like to roost and nest in old buildings, barns and silos.

Snowy Owl - 25 Gallons
    Owl Inventory Snowy_owl-s

This owl lives in the Arctic areas of North America. It has adapted to the long summer days and long winter nights of its home, and can hunt well at any time of the day. The Snowy Owl is almost all white with scattered dark spots. Its bill is black, its head rounded, and its legs heavily feathered. The Snowy Owl likes to eat hares, small rodents, ducks and geese.

Great Horned Owl - 20 Gallons
    Owl Inventory Horned-33-s

The Great Horned Owl gets its name from the large tufts of feathers on its head; they are neither ears or horns, just feathers. It is the largest owl in North America and is sometimes called the "cat owl." The Great Horned Owl is nocturnal and likes to eat rabbits, skunks, mice, squirrels, birds and fish

Northern Saw-Whet Owl - 10 Gallons
    Owl Inventory Saw-whet-476-owl-s

Adults are 18cm long with a 43 cm wingspan. They have a large round light grey face with brown streaks, a dark bill and yellow eyes. The underparts are pale with dark streaks; the upper parts are brown with white spots.
    Their breeding habitat is coniferous forests, sometimes mixed or deciduous woods, across North America. They nest in a tree cavity, usually one created by a woodpecker. They will sometimes use nesting boxes.
    Some are permanent residents; others may migrate south in winter or move down from higher elevations.
    These birds wait on a low perch at night and swoop down on prey. They mainly eat small rodents; on the Pacific coast, they may also eat crustaceans and aquatic insects. Like many owls, these birds have excellent hearing and exceptional vision in low light.

Spectacled Owl - 19 Gallons
    Owl Inventory Spectacledowl-s
    The Spectacled Owl, Pulsatrix perspicillata, is a large tropical owl. It is a resident breeder from southern Mexico and Trinidad south to southern Brazil, Paraguay and northwestern Argentina. There are six subspecies.
    This is a nocturnal species of mature forests. It nests in an unlined tree cavity, laying two white eggs. It preys on mammals and large insects, and will also take birds, including smaller owls.
    The Spectacled Owl is 46 cm long and weighs 850 g. It is unmistakable with brown upperparts, head and upper breast, white facial markings and buff underparts. The eyes are yellow and the bill is pale. The juvenile is even more distinctive than the adult, being completely white apart from a chocolate brown facial disc.

The Northern Pygmy-owl - 8 Gallons
    Owl Inventory Pygmyowl-s

Adults are 15–17 cm in overall length (nearly 6 inches) and are gray, brownish-gray or rufous in colour. This owl has a round white spotted head, weakly defined facial disc, and dark upper breast, wings and tail, the latter quite long compared to other owls. The eyes are yellow and the bill is yellowish-green. The bird has two black nape spots outlined in white on the back of its head, which look like eyes. The mid to lower breast is white with darker vertical streaking. Legs are feathered down to the four well-armed toes on each foot.

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:44 pm